Cannamilk is very versatile! Not only is it a delicious way to medicate but it’s also extremely useful simply due to the sheer number of recipes in existence that call for milk. Using cannamilk, you can work your medicine into any meal… and depending on the kind of dank and dairy products you use, cannamilk can be very potent!
Making cannamilk is really, really simple — you heat marijuana in milk for a long period of time. Basically you want to use as fatty of milk as possible, supplementing it with cream to increase the amount of fat.
You will need:
You need to use whole milk (higher fat content) and heavy whipping cream (even higher fat content) to mitigate any protein denaturing that will be going on in the milk when you heat it (see the comments below). Feel free to adjust the milk-to-cream ratio to suit your taste. If you decide to go real heavy on the cream, you can always cut it with a little water later.
- 7 cups whole milk
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 oz of finely ground marijuana and/or your best frosted trim
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Paste from 1 freshly-scraped vanilla bean (optional but delicious)
- Terry cloth (or some other cloth filter, paper if you absolutely must)
1. Put all ingredients in a pot and whisk while barely simmering on low for at least 30 minutes (longer if you can, especially if you are using a dairy product with lots of fat available for the THC to bind to and the binding takes time). Slow and steady wins the race! Whatever you do, DO NOT BOIL. Hotter milk does not result in stronger cannamilk!
2. Strain the milk with the terry cloth to remove all plant matter. No one likes to drink plant matter!
3. Om nom nom.
(Pro Tip: Pouring cooled cannamilk into ice cube trays and freezing is an easy way to pre-measure your doses. Cannamilk ice cubes work great in any recipe that calls for milk: coffee, cereal, mac and cheese, soups and sauces, mashed potatoes — the sky is the limit. We suggest dropping a few in a glass of hot cocoa!)
Patient Resources |
Medical Uses |
News & Events |
Message Board |